Activities in Burgundy
Staying in the Côte D’Or will attract many guests to the world-famous wine regions of Burgundy which are easily self-explored. Guided tours can also be arranged. Connoisseurs will appreciate driving the N74 between Beaune and Dijon which is an A-Z of fine wines. However, the region has much more to offer and Ménessaire is well positioned to experience a wide variety of things to do. Here are a few ideas:
Click on images to view the full pictures
- For the Active the Morvan Park offers a great selection of marked walking routes and is hugely popular with road cyclists and those who prefer to get off-road. Water sports enthusiasts have a choice of lakes or rivers where activites can be arranged.
- Nature Lovers will enjoy many things about the Morvan's wildlife, birds, trees and plants.
- Food Lovers will already know that Burgundy is the gastronomic heart of France. There is a wide choice of places to eat out from local family-run establishments through to 3 Michelin starred restaurants, the closest of which is Relais Bernard L'Oiseau, 20km away in Saulieu.
- Shoppers will appreciate the shopping areas in Dijon, Beaune and Chalon Sur Saone. However, for many shopping in France is about the local markets and these take place locally on various days.
- History Lovers have plenty to explore whether their interests are Roman, Gallic, Burgundian Dukes or the French Resistance.
- Culture lovers will appreciate the region for its frequent events in the towns and villages. These include; village walks, vide-greniers (similar to boot fairs), music festivals, food festivals and of course wine festivals.
- Other activities include: fishing, horse riding, quad bike treks, golf and canal or river trips.